The Little eLit Book
Young Children, New Media, and Libraries: A Guide for Incorporating New Media into Library Collections, Services, and Programs for Families and Children Ages 0-5 is available as a PDF via clicking the image below.
If you’d like to access the individual chapters of the book, which were released serially between October 2014 and May 2015, the links are below.
- Chapter One: New Media in Youth Librarianship, by Cen Campbell and Amy Koester
- Chapter Two: Children and Technology: What can research tell us? by Tess Prendergast
- Chapter Three: Developmentally Appropriate Practice: Using New Media with Children, Birth through School-age, by Anne Hicks
- Chapter Four: The Role of New Media in Inclusive Early Literacy Programs & Services, by Tess Prendergast
- Chapter Five: Evaluation of New Media, by Claudia Haines and Carisa Kluver
- Chapter Six: New Media in Storytimes, by Carissa Christner, Anne Hicks, and Amy Koester
- Chapter Seven: Managing New Media for Youth Services, by Genesis Hansen
- Chapter Eight: Tech Savvy Library Professionals: Competencies, Training, and Development for New Media Library Initiatives, by Jennifer L. Hopwood
Books from Little eLit Contributors, Advisors, & Supporters
The following are books that Little eLit has contributed to in some way, or that are written by partners on our journey to media mentorship. Many thanks to all the authors for the time, effort, and care you put into writing these books. We need these, and we need more.
The Power of Play: Designing Early Learning Spaces, Dorothy Stoltz, Marisa Conner, & James Bradberry
STEP into Storytime: Using StoryTime Effective Practice to Strengthen the Development of Newborns to Five-Year-Olds, Saroj Ghoting & Kathy Klatt
Technology & Digital Media in the Early Years, Chip Donohue (editor)